Friday 7 September 2012

Progress On Pasture #2

Slow but surely we are getting more organized everyday.
Today DH spent the afternoon bug hogging my fence line on the front pasture my girls are in right now.  He said they followed him around for the first 30 minutes or so then decided that watching from the hill was a better option.   Izzy has already left her mark on our tractor.   Being the curious type and always having to put her nose and feet on everything; she has left huge scratches on the hood from her teeth when the tractor was parked in the field in the spring when Chris took a bio break!   He was mortified that she would do such a thing.  I wasn't pleased but I guess I have got used to her destructive behaviour!  I am on water trough number 3 already this year because she finds it "fun" to put her front feet in the trough and tip it over even tho I have it latched to a post.   She does seem to have fun so can I really deny her that?!

DH got pasture #2 bush hogged and ready for fencing.   I was able to take down all the old rope fencing and get all new insulators installed at the proper heights.   Just need to string the new rope fence and we are on our way to having a second field ready for use.

Supposed to rain tomorrow all day...so DH was able to get half the piping from the bank barn roof fixed so that it will hopefully fill our pond back up.   The pond is very low right now because we have had a very dry summer.  The roof eaves from the bank barn however are supposed to drain underground into the pond.   But like EVERYTHING so far it was broken and not working.  
I am having serious mental anguish trying to understand how people could live the way that these people lived.   They must have really checked out from this property and not cared at all about anything anymore.   I say this because of the filth and the fact that everything and I am not exaggerating here when I say everything, is broken or has some component to it broken.

Even my first load of laundry ended up on the ground because the clothes line broke!   That's now been replaced too and I think I have to really get my head wrapped around the fact that the only thing we bought with this property was #1 - A beautiful piece of property with rolling hills and room to roam.  #2 - A house with good structural integrity...but not alot of details taken care of.  #3 - A current barn and arena that again is structurally sound but needs work to make it how I would expect a barn to function.

I know it will all come together over time and I am working through my own expectations of myself (and DH) around what is realistic to get done in an achievable time frame.  I know I am not a patient person; so this is going to be a good exercise for my learning.   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.