Wednesday 5 September 2012

Back to Work...Boo!

I had to head back to work this week after my nearly 2 weeks off for the move.   It was tough getting up early (read this as, before the sun even came up) to get into a new routine at the new house.   I guess it's not really a new routine; all the tasks are still the same but they all feel new since the environment is new.
DH, the lucky dog, gets over 8 weeks vacation so he is still off this week doing all the tasks with contractors.
Since Bell is basically our only provider for services here, we decided that we would go with them to save a bit of money bundling.   Well, Bell has seriously screwed up already and we haven't even got everything installed yet.  I don't understand how I can book stuff a month in advance and they can screw up our phone hook up not only once but 3 times!!!   I hate them already and we haven't even got the service working.   Nice that the only numbers I can dial out are 310 BELL and 911!
Enough of a rant on Bell!   :-)

Today DH fixed the back door so Doggie can't let herself in at will.  Not such a problem really except for the fact that she always leaves the door open and the house is FULL of flies!   Her command of "Open Says Me!" no longer works.   She's not pleased with this since she is DH's baby girl who gets whatever Princess wants.  All I can say is I am glad the flies irritate him too or I would have been walking around with a fly swatter as the dog has seniority over me!

Miss Kitty's alarm clock has been working again; same as in the old house.   She's settled in now and is back to her old routine in the new location.  She wants to be out all night and in all day sleeping on the couch!   She has a built in timer that starts going off at about 5:30 am.   She meows this blood curdling meow that she is absolutely starving and MUST get in for her morning tuna.   The issue is that she always knows where we sleep so she used to sit under our bedroom window at the old house since we had a side split.  Well now that we are on the second floor asleep she has taken to making a roof top visit, meowing at eye level in the window!!   Anybody who says animals are stupid hasn't met my pets!!

DH spent most of his afternoon cleaning up a dead hay pile in the area that I am making my holding pen for all the chutes for my pastures.   The smell from this old wet, mouldy hay is enough to knock you out!  Here he is almost finished.   This took several hours of loading with the tractor to remove all this mess...so you can imagine the years this has been left to build up.

I got home from work and went riding!!  Yeah Me!   I needed some time in the saddle.   I could feel myself getting out of sorts and rather "tired".   To avert a bad ride due to the leadership issues I am struggling with because I have had little time to spend with my girls I took them both together.  I saddled up Izzy and ponied Emma.  Made a big loop out to the back 40 and back to the outdoor ring.   Both horses were relaxed and perfect...that was what I was aiming for.  I know I have my work cut out for the next while helping them believe that my leadership is a trusting position and that separating from their buddy to be with me is a wise choice that will not result in anything unfavourable.   So mission accomplished for tonight...baby steps.
...And don't these 2 look like 2 happy horses!  :-)

 Back to reality tomorrow with more unpacking and getting organized after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.