Tuesday 25 September 2012

Hay is Here

The first wagon load of hay has arrived at the farm.   It's beautiful hay and the horses will be glad to have this come February.  Next step is to unload the wagon into the barn.  
We had a delay receiving hay due to the depth of the sand in the arena.   But now that DH has worked hard at getting the sand scraped out they were able to get the wagon in without getting stuck!

Pasture #2 is fully enclosed now.  We hung the gate tonight, so I may have to test out the turnout in there tomorrow if the weather cooperates.  

DH made a purchase for the farm tonight...new forks for the tractor.   He was like a kid with a new toy when he got home and had them in the back of his pick up.  We have been borrowing my dad's set and once DH realized how handy they were; I knew it was just a matter of time before his own set made an appearance in the yard!

Mouse Update...
New 4th bait trap purchased and 2 more bricks of bait.   I seen a mouse in the run in shed and decided I better have a look to see what was left of the bait and it was completely empty!  Holy crap, that's a lot of bait gone.  That means either these little buggers were hungary or there was a small army of these rodents having a feast!   I checked the bait box in the feed room and when I opened the cover a mouse was inside chowing down!   I slammed that lid down and was out of there!  Holy, I can't believe how brave these pests are.  O well...he will be a goner before long after his meal.  
All I can think about is the fact that I am glad that winter is coming because I can only imagine how many dead mice are in the walls of the "shop".  I think we will be having a mass grave funeral when we start the reno in there!

Pay It Forward...
I got a pay it forward gift last night from my friend Karen.   I posted a pay it forward request on my Facebook page earlier this year and 4 people took my challenge.  Basically the idea was to give something hand made to the first 5 people that comment on your post.  In exchange they had to post the pay it forward request on their wall and make gifts for the first five people that posted on the their wall.
Karen made me hand made wool socks!   They are beautiful and I have a feeling this house is going to be be pretty cold this winter, so practical and beautiful!

Izzy Brings It...
I had an amazing ride tonight.  Izzy was working beautifully, so I decide to work on simple changes thru walk.  They were perfect, so I upped the anti a wee bit and asked for the simple change with only 1 walk step and they were perfect.  So I upped the anti one more time and asked for a flying change...AND we had success!   First try was a bit awkward and late behind but 2nd try both ways was clean and perfect.   I think the neighbours would have been blinded by my beaming smile if they lived closer!   I had to resist the temptation to try again to make sure it wasn't just a fluke.   I ended on that note and hacked out through the pastures.  I think my baby might actually be growing up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.