Wednesday 12 September 2012

Mice...They are Everywhere!

OK Friends that are reading along here...I need your help!
I am getting over run by mice in the barns.    These little buggers aren't even afraid of me!

I am going to give the disclaimer now to my friends who are animal rights activists.   Start the law suits now because I am going to kill as many of these pests that I possibly can.   I figure there is no possible way I will be able to obliterate the species.   So sorry...they have to go by way of death or pack their little hammy hamster hobo sandwich in a kerchief and go to the neighbours because they are NOT welcome here!

This is the part where I need your help...What can I use to get rid of these rodents?  I have a cat...and I am not planning on another one.   They just don't end up staying in the barn!  :-)   Miss Kitty can't even keep on top of the numbers I am talking about here.  
I have avoided poison because I would hate to have Miss Kitty eat one that has been poisoned.  Last thing I want to do is kill my cat in the process of getting rid of the rodents!   Yes, I know she is loud and obnoxious at 2am but she has such a personality!    She may have started her life in this family as a drop off at the old house but she's is family now and we don't intentionally try and harm our family members in this house.

So what can I do to help control, at the very least, the population?   I have an arsenal of the wonderful Victor spring traps.    I know these things are brutal mouse killing machines...maybe that's why I like them so much!   I figure if I want them dead I at least don't want them to suffer, like the glue tape does to them.  Trouble is tho I have had issues with the mice not actually getting their little knoggens  squished in these traps but they eat all my bait!   I have used peanut butter on the trigger, I have wedged a Q-tip covered in PB into the trigger and still they eat all my bait with no dead vermin to show for it AND the trap still set!   I don't want to feed these suckers!   They get enough oats and good stuff stolen off my horses...the last thing I want to do is waste my precious PB on them!
Help if you have any suggestions!

So far the mouse death count is 1.  Very insignificant...but we all start counting at 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.