Sunday 2 September 2012

Finding Beauty

Today I conclude that the previous owners where either very lazy or just didn't know any different.
I spent 3 hours scrubbing the second floor bathroom...the tiles are actually white not ivory which I had previously thought!  For me the basics of soap and water is not all that expensive and the filth this family lived in on a daily basis continually amazes me.   I think it will until I actually make my way through all the rooms in the house.   You don't have to have the best of things to keep them clean.  

We pulled the stall mats from the run in shelter and power washed them.   This was a full morning job because the manure was caked on.  I scrubbed with the garden edger while DH hit them with the high pressure water.   These suckers hadn't seen the light of day in years by the amount of grime and petrified poo.
Decided to set up feeders in the run in shelter so that the horses can be fed in there rather than back to the barn.   They had their first meal tonight with the new system and it worked great.   Will make life easier for me on weekday mornings before work.
I had my first hack out on Izzy tonight.   Beautiful evening and I had to find beauty in this weather because my little baby horse was having a serious meltdown leaving her calling buddy at the barn!   Izzy previously had not shown separation anxiety when she was the one going out but tonight she was quite upset.   On the route home we seen a big buck at the edge of the woods.   Lovely site to see, again found the beauty in a less than perfect ride.   It will be back to ground school for Izzy and Emmy to help them with their anxiety.   Maybe they need a buddy??  :-)   Three is the ideal number when you have one rider in the house.   No horse is ever left home alone in that case!!   You know what they say...the more room you have the more stuff you accumulate.

Lastly, I was greeted with an unexpected pleasure first thing this morning.   Amongst all the weeds that the previous owners had basically let go since they knew the farm was sold, I found a string of precious Morning Glories.  
 Here they are...little purple beauties peeking through the weeds.

And a little closer up if you missed then in the picture above.

It's easy to find beauty in unexpected places if you are open to seeing possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.