Wednesday 19 September 2012

Fresh Water!

We have drinking water from the tap now!!!
Thank heavens as I was starting to really have concerns about the carbon footprint that we were leaving on this beautiful piece of the earth.   I have never drank bottled water other than the odd one here and there when out and about.   We have always had good drinking water from the tap and I drink almost exclusively water.  Ok, lets not get carried away, I have really developed a hankering for Lime Vodka, BUT the majority of the time I drink water straight up.   We have had a mountain of recycling since we moved in...mostly all plastic water bottles.

Today the plumber was out and installed an all new water system.   New pump, pressure tank, double sediment filtration and UV light.  We just need to have the water heater replaced with a propane one and we will be fully set up for the long haul here on the farm.

It was such a lovely "fall" evening that I couldn't pass up this opportunity to ride Izzy.   It was only a high of about 17ÂșC today; actually a perfect temperature in my mind, so I rode when I got home and had THE best ride on Iz since we moved here.   Decided after 30 minutes of dedicated schooling that she had done enough, as everything I asked her she gave an excellent effort.   We walked back to the bush to end our ride and that was the best part.   For the first time since the move she walked back on the buckle and returned home on the buckle!   That's the Izzy I remember from the old house hacking through Taquanyah.   My day couldn't be better!  :-)
Emmy is also getting back to her old self as well.   The calling and running like a fool has nearly stopped.   She makes a few whinnies now at the start and the odd one during the ride but overall she is back being her civilized, wise, senior self when I take the kid out for a ride.   I really love that old horse.

We had a really nice visit tonight from my cousin Alan and his wife Laura...O and their dog child Georgia.   Alan is an avid hunter so his interest was the bush line.   We made a drive back to the bush with the truck and sited at least 6 deer on the route back and Laura even seen a flock of about a dozen turkey's.   I think Alan will be making the trek during hunting season to try his luck at the bush.  

DH made a funny the other day.   As I was walking the fencing and busying myself fixing up fences, I turn and see DH cresting one of the hills as I am at the far end of the pasture.  He's slightly out of breath when he arrives within earshot.   He says, "I know how Emmy feels."  I give him the look that states, "Huh?".   He says, "I know what it's like chasing the kid up and down the hills around the pasture!"   What a guy...gotta love him!

Because I know that inquiring minds just have to know...the mouse death toll is still 6.  However, I have seen only one small mouse in the run in shed in 2 days.   I think the bait is working it's magic.   (Insert toothy grin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.