Sunday 16 September 2012

Pasture #2 Almost Ready

DH and I got the fourth strand on the bottom of the big front pasture today.   Duke made another appearance this morning as I was working away stringing the line.   He wasn't so easy to catch this time so DH and I spent about 30 minutes trying to round him up as my 2 cavorted about trying to kill the little bugger!   I told the neighbours they need to re-name him Houdini since this is the 3rd time in 2 weeks that he's been over.   The first time I can see that as an accident...sometimes these things happen...I get it.  BUT this is the second time now in 3 days!!

DH got the dead hay and poo pile from the 2nd and 3rd pastures cleared up and removed.   The smell is better already!

I worked away on stringing the fencing on pasture #2.   It's up!   DH finished up with the poo and was my line tensioner as we pulled the strands tight.  We got all the strands up and tightened.   All we need is to hang the gate and we will have 2 fields ready to go!  

The "To Do" list is getting shorter but it's still very long.  I thought I would have got a lot more done this weekend than what we did.   I am coming to realize that everything on this farm takes longer than I expect!  Either I am a terrible estimator or I am mentally more ambitious than I am physically!

No new additions to the death toll tonight.   I had clean traps...so I fed the rodents rather than killing them.   I will make a stop at the farm store tomorrow on the way home from work to buy "hunting" supplies!

Wendy dropped in to say hi and congratulate Chris and I on the new farm.   Wendy is familiar with the farm already so the tour was more a re-aquaintence than I first time tour.   It was nice to have Mia visit as well and go after the mice!!   Maybe I need to rent a Jack Russell for a few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.