Sunday 23 September 2012

Another Weekend Gone

Where does the time go?  I swear it's Friday and then I blink and it's Sunday night and back to work again tomorrow morning.

First off thanks to Katie and Ryan for dropping in and bringing a lovely bottle of wine.   It was so nice to see you both and Katie I am so proud of you.   T makes an amazing advanced level hack horse!    I think the advanced horses are absolutely the most fun on the trail.  What a feeling to do tempi changes at will along the forest path.   Enjoy...it's a long winter; get outside and enjoy the fall fields!  :-)

It rained on Saturday morning.  This is what the furry peeps in the HP Haven House were doing. 

Weeding continued this weekend.   I think it's going to continue right up until the snow flies!   I can't believe how many weeds and the size of these suckers.   Here is the front of the "shop" currently run in shed and storage but at some point going to be a lovely shop for DH.
Here it is after weeding.   Not a huge difference on this one but well worth the clean up.  All the remaining small weeds will have to meet their demise with my trusty friend Round up!

DH started working on scraping the sand out of the indoor.  The footing is way too deep.   Too deep to even ride in.  Iz was sinking up half way to her fetlocks!  
Here's DH at the start of the project.  


Here is the arena now after the sand has been piled in the corner.  We will re-level the footing again and I will give it another test ride.  Either way this is a day of scraping and we still have to haul it all out!



I weeded the back door to the barn and I started weeding the round pen area.   Only about half done the round pen but I have made a dent in it.
Back of Barn - BEFORE

Back of Barn - AFTER

Round Pen - BEFORE

Round Pen - AFTER


DH also cut the lawn.  That's a full afternoon using both the small riding mower and also the 60" on the tractor.   So glad that he likes to cut grass!!


I went to a very lovely celebration of life for a good friend who past away recently.   Judy Elliott will always hold a special place in my heart and be an important woman in my life.   Thanks to her I have Emma and all of you know what Emma means to me.   Her children hosted a lovely barn party in her memory.    It was bitter sweet seeing all the friends and horse people that Judy had touched over her years.  RIP Judy, you will always be my horse angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.