Friday 10 August 2012

Zip Lining and Packing the Studio

Was lucky to get away from the grind of packing for the last 2 days to celebrate my second nieces Grade 8 graduation with her.   Instead of a grad gift I like to give the gift of an experience that we share together...so this year we went Zip Lining in Collingwood.
Wow!   What a rush...even in the rain!
We did the Eco Adventure with the treetop walk and zip lining.   Wonderful time...would love to do it again some day when the weather is sunny and clear.   One of the look out points has a view of Georgian Bay and from the height that we were at I can imaging it was stunning...but all we could make out were the trees below us since the fog had rolled in so thick!  :-)
Check out the great views that can be seen from the Scenic Caves website.

Here we are a soggy bunch of adventure seekers!  Mom, Marina, Jenna and I.

This is a shot of the girls high up and ahead of me int eh tree top walk.

This a cave that we explored as part of our tour.


Now back to reality!   I got home late afternoon and started to pack up my studio.   I had one last creative project laid out on my table for about 2 weeks.  I had hoped to design, start and finish before I packed this room.   However, I succumbed to my fate, that my overly ambitious mind was just that...overly ambitions and it would not be practical to start yet another new project right before we move.   So I regretfully packed all the hand picked fabrics into individual baggies and then laid them to rest in a tote to be moved with all the others.

Here's the progress in the studio.


The entire house is a total disaster and I am trying to let go of organization at the moment.   Hard for this left brained techy type...but I really am trying!

I started to read a new book (well actually I re-started reading it.   The Fifty Shades smut got me side tracked!)    I am reading the Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor.  If you haven't seen his TED talk about his book and his work on positive psychology; I highly suggest you check it out...really worth the 10 minutes to watch.  Shawn Achor's TED Talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.