Saturday 11 August 2012

Birthday Dinner for Two

After nearly 2 months with no rain to really speak of, we have had rain for the last several days and today was no exception.  Major storm at 4 am.   Huge clap of thunder that shook the entire house.   I started awake from a dead sleep and burst out with a "Holy Crap"!   Hubby jumped up and decided he needed to look for Miss Kitty since she was outside.   :-)   I know, he tells everyone he doesn't like the cat!   We all know he's a big softy!  

But without rain we would never have rainbows.  I caught this beauty on the way to dinner.   It actually spanned over the hwy and I could see the full arch on both ends.   Small wonders...and proof once again that there is always something good to be found even when things are seemingly bad.   If we never had any rainy days we would never have rainbows!

Today is my hubby's birthday.   He's a wonderful man and I count my blessings everyday that we have found each other.   I am sure we knew each other in a pervious life...it's just that easy together.
We enjoyed dinner for 2 at the local fine dining establishment in our home town.   As always Chef Dan and the staff at Twisted Lemon did not disappoint us.
Moving prep continued today with waining zeal in this last weekend before we take possession of the farm.   My studio is fully packed now.   Only thing left out are the ribbons Izzy won last year in competition.   I will pack those tomorrow as I re-ride those tests and fondly remember my first season with her.   Best show of the year was the season opener in Peterborough were the crew from Bennville all made the trek to compete.   The girls bought me a birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday to me in the barn.   Izzy scored a monster score of 80.6% in the FEI 4 Year Old Class.   It was the perfect start to a her show career and it was even more special sharing it with Chris and my friends.   Great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.