Monday 6 August 2012

A Perfect Summer Day

Really...could today have been more perfect?    I did almost all of my favourite things today.    It was a blessing of a long holiday weekend day off.   Lets start with the weather.   Sunny, blue sky, warm breeze and 25 degrees C.    What a welcome break from the stifling heat and humidity.

Started my day with a hack through Taquanyah on Izzy.   She was a perfect lady with just the right combination of energy and relaxation.

Came home and trimmed her feet, where she stood like an angel and made my job easier.   I have no idea how trimmers do 20 horses in a day!!   Kudos to them and they must have Olympic back strength.

Finally with a break in the heat I was able to thin out my front garden.   It has been sadly neglected for most of the summer so far.   Just to dang hot to be out there poking about and splitting plants.   AND since watering plants tends to get bumped down the priority list these plants would never have made it through the scorching summer we have had if I had been ambitious in the heat!
Packed a bunch of boxes of garden items from the shed.   A day can't go by now without something getting packed for the pending move.

I got to finish the last novel in the Fifty Shades Trilogy.   Ok, Ok I know what you are thinking...and yes they are pure smut!   The writing is terrible and the plot is pretty weak but it was an interesting escape and provided some mindless reading on vacation.   I admit I even had to google a few things that I had no idea what they were when I was reading those books.   I didn't think I was a sheltered farm girl but all I can say is I am glad I didn't google those topics at the office; I could have been fired!  

Ended my day with a steak and shrimp BBQ on the deck with Hubby.  

A perfect summer day in every way!   Just the right amount of work, rest and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.