Tuesday 21 August 2012

Refinishing Continues

The floors upstairs are coming along nicely.   I think my body has had a serious kicking done to it but it's that kinda hurt that you are happy about!  :-)   Not much cardio but the flexibility and strength training are in full gear.   I spent about 13-14 hours drum sanding the entire second floor.   They look pretty good for being 100+ years old.   Chris only had to make 2 patches.   It appears that the stove pipes used to come up through 2 of the rooms upstairs.   Maybe there were only 2 rooms upstairs???

Tomorrow I start the edging and do the doorways and around the wardrobes.   I am hoping that they go as well as the middle of the floors.   Time is ticking on the move in clock and I still have to stain and clear coat...AND that's just to finish the flooring!  Still have wall paint and outside work to get done before the horses move in.   I know it will all get done...I am just working through the order of go and trying not to get too stressed out by the length of the list.

Here is a sanded picture of the master bedroom to compare with my previous post.















My parents have been so amazing.   They cleaned the entire loft of the bank barn!   It looks fantastic and there are only a couple of soft spots and holes that will need to be repaired.   I don't know how many loads of garbage and dead hay they took out but it had to be a ton.   I will take a picture of the loft now that it's clean...what a transformation.   I seriously don't know what we would have done this week without their help.   My mom has been...well super mom!  :-)   She has brought delicious and healthy meals everyday.   It's been a real treat having them enjoy this adventure with us.

Lastly, on a very sad note a dear friend Sharon suddenly lost her beloved horse Fraiser this week.   He was a Emma's turnout buddy for many years.   Fras was a lovely hack horse and real ham for the camera.   I know that horses are not forever but to lose one still hurts.   My love to Sharon in her time of loss...it will never get easier losing a friend that we spend many, many hours of our lives with.

When a horse enters our life they give us a little piece of their heart; so that when they leave us they can take a little piece of our heart with them.   Much Love Sharon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.