Saturday 18 August 2012

Day 1 of Renos

Today the filth was tackled as well as the removal of the carpet on the second floor.
I have to give a HUGE shout out to my mom who dawned an elbow length set of rubber gloves and spent 4 hours cleaning the fridge, stove and one small bank of cupboards.   It was sparkling clean when she finished and I can't tell you how much I appreciated the help.
We now have beer and coolers in the fridge; thanks to Heather for stopping in and giving us a great reason to have a break!  Thanks Girl...you're a keeper!  :-)

I spent my day ripping up old carpet from the second floor.   It had to be at least 25 years old and had seen more than one puppy being trained by the look of the stained and nearly disintegrated under pad.

DH spent most of the day with my Dad unloading the supplies for the new run in shelters for the pastures (Thanks Dad!) and walking the fence lines through the pastures in search of the survey stakes.   I think both my Dad and Chris will sleep well tonight after all the miles they put on!

A big thanks goes out to MIL Marlene as well for stopping in with her endless enthusiasm for our new adventure.   We need the hype and the encouragement during all this reno work...as it will be exhausting by the end of the first 2 weeks...then we actually move in and continue.
Kelly and James stopped in to congratulate us on the new project...always love the hugs from Kelly...so genuine and sincere.
We have a great support network...thanks everyone for being with us and helping us either by labour, love or kindred spirit.

Now a couple pics to show you what I accomplished today.


Staircase before and after carpet removal.

Master bedroom before carpet removed.


Master bedroom with carpet removed.
We got so lucky that the entire second floor is all original plank flooring.   Not quite so lucky on the stairs but I couldn't be happier that the floors are in as good a shape as they are for being 140+ years old!

This is the hallway upstairs...more fantastic plank flooring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.