Sunday 5 August 2012

Packing & The Swallows

The packing has continued for the long weekend.   The majority of the things in the house are packed and now it's just sorting through a few things that were packed in haste prior to sale.   The shop is a whole separate post for another day!   I tried to "stage" our house a wee bit when it was listed.   I took down all the photos and removed a lot of the personal items from throughout the house.   Well I didn't exactly organize those items as they got stowed away, so there will be some mystery boxes when we arrive at the new farm if I don't get a chance to repack those.

It's been unbelievable the amount of things that I have thrown away, given away or donated!   I am so proud of myself (Insert silly grin here!)

Packed the horse products today...thru out half the ointments and liniments that were from God knows when and MUST be past their expiration dates!   I got to the back of the shelf and found stuff I had forgot I had.   I reassessed the inventory and vowed I would keep better track of things...will see how that goes.   I am sure you are all laughing about now or sympathizing with me because you too have  made the same vow to yourself in the past.   I know I shouldn't need Quick Braid for another century since I have a half gallon jug of the stuff!

This is a shot of my emptied tack locker and then it stuffed and organized.  I had not actually emptied and cleaned this locker since the day my cousin Alan made it for me 4 years ago.  "Gasp!"   I know, tisk, tisk but it was just always so far down the list of priorities.




I thought I would share a picture of something I will miss when we move.   These little guys are about ready to fly the coop any day now.   For several years now a pair of barn swallows has taken up residency on the light at our back door.   In the first years hubby tried to thwart their attempts by taking down the nest during construction.   Hubby hates the mess these birds leave...more to follow on that subject!   It turns out they are persistent and just continued to start over; so he gave up and now lets them live in peace.   I professed their good graces by how few mosquitoes we have and there are zero (absolutely zero) spiders living at the back breezeway.
This is batch #2 of fledglings for this year...3 in total but they are a bit shy.  Once they get a bit larger there will be little heads poking over the edge in all directions.
So this is the part that hubby absolutely hates about these birds.   I figure it's a small sacrifice since they do their part taking care of the bugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.