Friday 17 August 2012

Living The Dream!


We got the farm tonight!

As we expected the place was in quite a mess.   I am not really sure how people have a conscience leaving a place in the condition that we got our house tonight.   I won't elaborate too much about the mess that we encountered but we have roughly 3 days worth of elbow grease to clean up alone!   To give you an idea of what we found tonight...the oven looks like it was never cleaned other than the self clean setting on the odd occasion.   There is ash and petrified food coating the bottom and the fridge wasn't even wiped out!   The rotten leaves from the lettuce that fall off are still in the drawers and there are multiple crusty milk carton rings.
Thank goodness we are ripping up all the carpeting because I don't think in the 7 years they lived there they ever vacuumed under the bed!  I think you get the picture I am painting here.   I won't post any of the pictures from today of the inside of the house...maybe tomorrow after a bit of cleaning!

I am not surprised however that we have got the house in this condition.   After the events of this week, I am actually surprised it wasn't worse.   It is however a disappointment in a way to find the place like this.   I have a lot of pride in my home and I want to the new owners that take over our home in 2 weeks to be just in love with this place as I am.   I want them to know that just because we are leaving this place, it has been a home to us...it's been more to us than just a house.

Onward and Upward...
DH and I took a ride on our bikes to the bush line of the property.   It's farther back than we thought!   The exploration of the woodlot will be more fun from horseback.   I have heard from a couple of different riders now that we have a spectacular trial out back that goes for miles.  Eek!  I can't wait to get lost for hours with my GPS!
I am really looking forward to getting the bush hog hooked up and cutting the trails and making all the improvements that I have been dreaming of.    O time...time will be my enemy now.   So many plans in my head.  I will have to keep my expectations realistic and remember to recharge my batteries with creative fun in my studio.
Looking forward to Day 1 Work Day tomorrow!   Stay Tuned.
 The view of the bush line from the last hill in the hay field.

 DH on the trail.   Overgrown but not for long!!

Me on the trial.   Was glad that we brought our bikes
 or it would be a 30 minute walk to get to the bush line.

I know this one is dark but I was shooting into the sun...better pics to come later.   This is the view of the barn zoomed in from the bush line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.