Monday 13 August 2012

It's Nearing Official

We signed the second batch of legal papers for the finances for the new farm tonight.   I have re-affirmed to DH (Dear Husband) that broke and happy are nearly perfect states of mind and being for us!    Legal Stuff is completed on Thursday and we get the keys on Friday!
I have been ricocheting between two states in my head the past weeks.   Sheer joy and excitement to be moving to a horse farm...A childhood dream realized.   Then the 180 of it is the scared to death fear; thinking about, 'O My!  What have we done?'    I know the first state will prevail.   It's just more me than the later, but once in awhile the sheer magnitude of what lies ahead is overwhelming.

On a fun note...well fun for me, not so fun in the eyes of Hubby...I have put a ban on grocery shopping until we move!   Only purchases of fresh fruit and veggies are allowed now.   We have to eat the stuff we have in the house so that there is less to move.   I find this sort of thing a challenge.   Hubby finds me morbid and on the curse to make him lose a few pounds!   I can eat cheese and crackers for dinner and find that to be a perfectly fine meal.   Hubby on the other hand would be wondering where the meat is.   Should get interesting in about 2 weeks from now; especially because we have very few pots and pans and backing dishes left in the cupboards.   I have a strong suspicion that on the night DH is cooking it will be pizza night!

To help the grocery cause tonight I did away with 2 pie crusts that were in the freezer!    Fresh peach pie.   For all of you that were feeling sorry for DH losing a few pounds with my inventory reduction tactic...rest easy...I don't think there is much to worry about with pie on night #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.