Saturday 2 March 2013

Birthday Celebrations

Today we had a surprise 60th birthday party for my parents!  Yep...they were genuinely surprised and it was great to see all the family and friends that came out to wish them both well.
It was so hard to keep my mom from doing the entire party planning.   She's a terrific organizer and a great cook...AND she thought the party was just for my Dad.   My Dad on the other hand thought the party was for a friend, Ethel that is 96 in their church!   It was a tightly woven web of white lies that actually made the event a success!  Love you Mom and Dad!   I can't believe we pulled this off!!
Thank you to all the family and friends that helped with spreading the word, keeping a secret and making an appearance today.

Here are my folks.


My mom with her friend from church.

Here is my Dad with Ethel...the lady who helped get him there in the first place!

My Dad with his closest Sister, Trudy and his Surrogate Sister, Wendy.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.