Sunday 17 March 2013

Happy Birthday Emma

Another week has flew by on the farm!   Where does the time go?  


The Farm Matriarch Turns 23
The girls had some play time in the arena over the weekend.   The pastures are mud and full of craters, so not all that great for running around and blowing off steam.  It was Emma's birthday on Saturday...when you see the video below, you will not know she is actually the oldest in the bunch out there!   She's now 23 and large and in charge!
Video Link


Vermin Count = 5
I have got more of the vermin since last post!   I can't believe these idiots are stupid enough to get snapped with nothing loaded on the trap.   I feel 100% vindicated from last years thievery...trap loaded with peanut butter and then finding it licked clean and still set the next morning.   Maybe I was doing it wrong all along...maybe I needed to leave it set with no bait?   I'm not sure what the answer is but I will continue to set the trap and leave it strategically placed for more victims!  
And to my friend Don...I swear none of these are relatives and I like the idea of changing your nickname to Varmint!

Doggie Sleepover
Molly had a doggie sleep over this weekend with my Mom and Dad's dog Dora.   Dora tolerates Molly and her exuberance well; even with her bad back leg that leaves her on 3 legs after a day with Molly.

My folks went on a little weekend holiday and left Dora for a play date with Molly.   She was easy to take care of for the most part.  Trying to keep Molly off her when she was tired was a bit of an exercise in futility, but overall she was a sane house guest.   She did have on anxiety attack when we left her and Molly inside during chores on Saturday tho.   I believe you could say the doors lost!   We need new doors anyway and I guess new trim as well now!


Miss Kitty decided that it was safest hiding out on our bed for the weekend...she did make it down in the morning for her tuna but that was about it!

Indoor Update
We have re-levelled and put a second round of dust treatment on the arena.   There were a few spots that has more stone dust mixed in that were not quite as well treated as the rest.   The footing is really pretty decent now.   Only one spot that has a dip that we will fix in the spring once we are riding outside and the footing can be stripped back and the base can be re-levelled without creating a huge disruption in our training.

From My Studio
I have finished my next pattern in the mini series.   This pattern is now available for sale and is being carried by Quilt Junction in Waterford.    This finished mini is approximately 13.5" square.  :-)  
I have found a bit of time over the past few weeks to steal a few minutes in the studio and do creative projects.   I have also made the realization that the guest room which is considerably larger than my studio is going toto be switched!   Sorry Mom and Dad buts since I hope to eventually spend more time in the studio that you will sleeping over I am taking the bigger room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.