Saturday 30 March 2013

Happy Easter, Can Am Expo and Tax Pain Ends!

Happy Easter to all my "peeps" out there!   Thank you for checking into my blog.

It's been a crazy week on the farm.   Tax pain has finally ended for 2012!  Crap there is a lot of work to keeping a set of books for a farm business.   I spent a good portion of my Sunday evening sorting and entering the receipts for the remainder of 2012 into the accounting spreadsheet for the accountant.    I had already spent at least a 3 hour appointment with him getting the files organized and understanding how the government would want to see expenses calculated for taxation.   The appointment this week was a whopping 4+ hours and we should know in another 2 weeks how we faired for a return after he runs our numbers through multiple iterations in the tax software.   It has been a very capital intensive year and DH and I foresee the start-up of the business continuing in that fashion for the next few years until we get the farm up to the standard that we both have in our minds.    It's all good tho...I keep smiling when I think of tomorrow; so it's still the right decision to be broke and happy!  Love you Honey for all the sacrifices you have made for my dreams of a horse farm.   God reserves a special place for husbands like you!
The accountant doing his thing...

Molly Update
Sometimes I look at her and the love I feel just can't be explained.   It's funny how something I have only had in my life for a short few months can just fill me with such joy.   I'm not saying for a second that I have an ounce of joy seeing her muddy feet cross the threshold but the look in those eyes just says nothing but loyalty and love.   This little creature has filled our home with a new energy and enthusiasm  and a touch of trouble that can never be duplicated!
Here he is in the mud room.   I think she is a copy cat...I mean literally a copy cat!   Miss Kitty sits on the bench and looks out the window...so the 50+ lbs dog now thinks it's fine to sit on the bench too!


Vermin Count
Unfortunately, for those looking for more carnage here are out of like.   Death Toll still = 7.5
I think that's fantastic!   That means I may actually have the upper hand for the moment.

My Dad won a radio contest a few weeks back and won 4 weekend passes to the Can-Am Equine Expo.   I was the lucky receipt of his fast dial on the phone to the Tillsonburg Radio station Country 107.3.   Thanks Dad for the tickets...it was a really nice day out with DH.   Thoroughly enjoyed the demo by Jonathan Field, bought a slow feed hay net (that Emma is terrified of! lol) and a new pair of muck boots.   All that equals one happy farm girl.  Not to mention after a day of horsey fun I came home and rode Izzy outside and she was fantastic...ending the schooling session with a clean flying change in each direction.   <Insert giddy smile emodicon doing a happy dance here>

My folks have also been out with 2 huge loads of mulch for our riding trails in the bush.   We have a lot of work yet before we will be ready for mulch but having it ready to go when we are is a big bonus.   Really lucky that I have 2 parents that are in great shape because they loaded this free mulch from a yard near them by hand and brought it all the way out to our place.   I told them they were nuts for loading that all by hand...my mom's response was "We needed the exercise!"   Love you Mom...that's something I would say for sure and now I know where I get it from.

The next bit, I want my friends Karen and Pat to just skip over and stop reading from here.    Ladies just check back next week for a new post!  You both will be horrified by the abuse I have given my domestic sewing machine.   It turns out Wanda is very hard on blankets!   I see so many traits in Izzy that I now know were she got them from.   One of those traits is leaning on objects full weight and scratching against them.   My girls live in a loafing shed that is turn of the century.   It's easily over 100 years old.   The structure is very sound and the hand hewn beams and dowel pinned construction is beautiful.   However old buildings mean that there are add ons and cover ups and stuff that is old and chewed and sometimes not smooth and rounded.   Wanda has found something sharp and has torn a huge rip in her sheet.   This is her second sheet she has managed to destroy since her arrival.   I was hoping this one would get us to naked weather...but I had to do a bit of surgery on this one to get that last bit of life out of it!   
I couldn't haul that filthy blanket up to my studio, so I set up an outdoor sewing station to do the deed.
Pat - I think you need to remind me to clean my bobbin case before retreat in June!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.