Sunday 10 March 2013

Fabulous March Weekend

What a weekend!  Not only was the weather fantastic but I had two incredible lessons with my long time coach, Joe Thauer.   It's been several months (since before the move to the farm) that I have fit lessons into my schedule.   As readers, you know I have been working away training my youngster, Izzy, the finer points that a Diva Dressage needs to know!
She was fabulous in both our lessons on Saturday and Sunday.  She has earned a day off tomorrow with the amount of work she did.   It was uphill, lofty and soft from the inside out!   Tonight, I celebrated being a very proud mama with a vodka spritzer and pizza!  :-)
Special thanks to my very good friend Reta for being so encouraging and supportive.   Seeing your smiling face in the corner with Joe really made the not being able to hear at the far end OK...because I knew form the expression that I was on the right track!
Also a special thanks to Mary Ann and Terrie for coming out and supporting my rides.




Molly Update
The rodent is growing like a weed!   Here she is on her the cats bed this afternoon.   Not sure if you can even see the cats bed at all!  
Here she is with her favourite human outside of her family unit!   I think you can see her love and exuberance for her Aunt Terrie.
Here she is with Joe after a day in the fresh air.   She was bushed and a warm place on the couch was all she wanted.

This is a find that Molly had out in the woods last Sunday when DH and I were out cutting wood along the fence line.   Gross!!!   She popped out of the woods with on of these legs in her mouth and was so darn proud of her find.   It was promptly removed from her lusting lips and thrown into the bucket of the tractor.   Then a little while later she popped out of the woods again and again...4th leg was never found!   Either she didn't have enough time or a coyote found it before her!   Gross!!

Vermin Death Toll = 3
I got another one since the last post!   Yeah Me!  
Warning Graphic Picture Below...scroll fast if can't hack combat photos.
Here's my set up right outside the mouse hole.   I have also reloaded the bait boxes and I hope that whatever I don't get physically; the bait will catch them instead!  

On Friday late afternoon we had a snow storm.   Here is the snow when it first started.   It was gorgeous and the flakes were the size of your palm!   

Then today, Sunday, the weather was +15!  Only in Canada folks!   Looks who's outside naked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.