Saturday 9 February 2013

Welcome Wanda

Today we had a new arrive come on the scene at HP Haven.   "Wanda" is the newest addition to our little herd, making it 3 girls on the farm for DH and I.
Wanda was an unexpected surprise.   The breeder that I bought Izzy from offered her to me as he is reducing his herd for health reasons.   I obviously could not turn down this opportunity to have Izzy's mom as part of the herd!    At some point in time I hope to breed her and have a new foal to start.   Maybe this spring maybe next spring...we will see how the cards play out in the spring.   DH and I have a serious number of irons already in the fire, so maybe just getting to know her and put a few miles on her will be the best thing for 2013.   She's only 9, so I have some time ahead of me.

So far I am delighted with her attitude.   She is easy going and at this point she is the bottom of the pecking order in the herd of three.   I know how the dynamics can change with additions, so I will wait to see how this all shakes out in another week or so.   As of now Izzy is treating her horribly!!   I had thought Izzy had become the dominate horse between her and Emma but today she proved it.   She was down right ugly about having Wanda within 10 feet of her if Wanda tried to approach.   If however Izzy did the approach the game was on and that was acceptable.   More observations tomorrow...interesting new dynamic.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.