Thursday 7 February 2013

Molly is Growing and Flooded Barn!

Our precious baby Molly is growing like crazy.   She's now over 40 lbs and she will be 5 months old in a couple of days.
Just to give you an idea of how much she has grown...
Remember when I posted this picture?   This is her the first week we got her.

This is her this week.

She has outgrown Kitty's bed by a long shot!!

She has taken a fancy to sleeping on the hearth when the fireplace is going.   I can't believe she can stand the heat but I figure she won't stay there long enough to start herself on fire...so it must feel good!
She starts off like this...

Then sometimes she ends up like this when she's too hot!

Her baby canine teeth have fallen out and her new adult canines have started to grow in...





On to the shenanigan's that I happened upon this morning at chores.   One of the water bowls blew out the bottom plug, so it was pouring water all over the barn floor for God knows how long over night.   It was long enough to flood 5 stalls with about 3"of water and leak out under the barn wall over the driveway and down into the field.   I was late for work bailing water from the stalls!    I left 3 box fans circulating the air to try and dry the place out.   By the time I got home from work the place looked half normal.  All I have to to say is thank goodness I was anal about having all the hay up on skids...if not we would have lost about 30 bales of hay.   Which would not be good in this winter that we are in a hay shortage!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.