Monday 4 February 2013

Time Passes Quickly

I can't believe it's February already!   We are approaching 6 months on the farm already.   It seems like we have just started on this journey and then at other times it feels like I have known this place all of my life.
This weekend took a slight turn from the original plan.  We had thought we were having my coach Joe for the weekend.  But Mother Nature had other plans!   We ended up getting 5-6" of snow on Saturday.  It was beautiful and just they way I love winter.   White and with soft fluffy snow, gentling fluttering to the ground and leaving a pretty white blankety on every surface.   It was however not good weather for driving...so lessons were cancelled for the mini clinic this weekend and we will rebook Joe for another time.
On Sunday the frost in the air left crystals on everything.   Here a few shots as the sun was just starting to come up.
 This is my favourite tree that was a glorious red/orange in the fall.

 This is the grouping of trees in the back yard near the pond.

I pretty Teasel.

 The giant grass at the pond.

The back 40 at noon.

 The teasel at the bush.

Spent the weekend doing odd jobs that needed to be completed.   The dressage letters that I received from my BFF, Heather as a house warming gift are now hung in the arena.   It looks like we may actually do something that resembles training in there!  :-)
I finally put up the stall guards on the stall doors.  I like to have the horses put their heads out and even though the Tuscany stall fronts have a nice look to them they aren't exactly my first choice when it comes to convenience.   DH and I have a plan to change the fronts to make them a bit more horse friendly.   That's for future, but its a plan I have in my mind.

I also spent some time in the house and garage; organizing.   I still have a long ways to go but slow and steady is my motto!  The garage was a total disaster.   We dumped almost all of our stuff in there as we moved because floors in the house were being refinished.   There was no shelving or storage to speak of so things just got piled on top of each other and dumped on the floor.   It's not great still but after an afternoon of sorting you can see the floor and also see that things are organized into more logical piles!

I set up the desk in the storage room upstairs and then hooked up the PC.   DH needs a PC to work from home.  The laptop is basically off limits and since he's not a proficient Mac user he finds it difficult to use.  Plus, since I have a number of VHS tapes of shows and riding from when I was young that I want to get converted over to digital...it was time to get that boat anchor set up and earning it's keep!

DH put up our new Canadian flag.  The sorry looking old one was a disgrace to this beautiful country.

I spent some more time this weekend enjoying the birds.   I added another feeder in the front window...look who it attracted...
 ...and I just love the little Chickadee's.

The lovely still winter day made me want to see horses outside eating hay.   So extra hay got fed outside on Sunday morning.   I think they enjoyed it too because they ate it all up first!  This is the most peaceful scene...I just love to see content horses munching outside on a beautiful day.

And I sign off for this post with a goofy angled shot of Izzy...I just love the dots on her nose between her nostrils.   I thought about calling her Dots are Hot!  LOL. (It starts with a "D")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.