Sunday 4 November 2012

Unpacking...Still

I finally made a point of getting the remaining movers plastic off the last pieces of furniture.   I know, 2 months and there was still plastic on the furniture!   I was so tired of looking at the boxes still piled in front of the roll top desk and book case that I just took the hour and unpacked them.  Seriously, that was not all that hard so why did it take 2+ months?   I think I might be becoming a tad bit of a procrastinator!  
I decided that the built in book case needed some books on it...makes it look like we actually live here with some of our stuff finally occupying the shelves.


I spent my weekend with a group of good friends, sewing, laughing and eating!   I didn't get a lot of actual "work" done but I had a very enjoyable weekend with the girls.   No finished projects to show pics of here but this is one of the gang.   Normally, we have 12 people but there were a few other commitments this time for a few...we missed them, as the full group has a wonderful creative dynamic.
Looking forward to our next weekend together in Feb 2013.

As I was enjoying myself with the girls, DH was busy on the farm trying to get the down spouts running and taking the water away from the house foundation.  The major down spouts have been fix or replaced.   After a week of rain we knew which ones were problematic and needed to be repaired before the continuation of the fall rain and before the spring rain.  
He also was busy re-levelling the footing in the indoor again.  I can't wait to give it a another ride tomorrow night.  :-)  It has been getting better and better after each time he has done his magic on it.

Lots on the To Do List still before winter...We are compiling a list so that we can start to knock things off and ensure that we don't miss anything.   LOL!    I think I will be happy to just get through most of the list!

Time change this weekend means its dark at night by 6:30 now.   This is a pretty drab time of year...minimal sun and short days.   It means that the indoor is going to get some good use in the next months.   Still seems pretty novel to be riding in the indoor out back.   I spent 3 years traveling to Bennville to ride during the late fall and winter months.    Those were fun days riding with the bunch there and catching up with Ferdi and Anita.   I am a very fortunate individual to have had so many generous people in my life that have supported me over the years in my riding adventures.    I hope that some day I will be able to pay it forward now that we have a farm of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.