Saturday 10 November 2012

New Residents Arrive

HP Haven is welcoming 2 new horses today to the herd.   Elvis and Gus have arrived on the farm and will be part of the on going blog entries moving forward!   Elvis is owned by my friend Terrie and Gus is owned by her partner Nick.
They settled in pretty well after just a day meeting my 2 ladies over the fence.   No angry faces over the fence and no drama while everyone is loose and free to move around.  The ladies have come into raging heat cycles and are both crooning the boys over the fence, piddling the entire time!   Shameless these 2 are!  
Feed time was a bit of a production with no horses touching their supper.   I know my 2 can be finicky when things change in their world, so I kinda expected some drama.   I am confident in a week everything will have settled down and life will be back to a more "normal".  

Here are the new boys and the first meeting between paddocks.


By the end of the night DH and I got the new manger completed and the feed tubs installed.   The new boys have a nice new shelter to enjoy.
Still need to install some metal edging to prevent chewing but it's inhabitable and safe!

DH and I also got the stall mats into the first stall in the new barn!    How exciting!  The feed room is now matted and has all the feed tubs and shavings etc back in.  We will also make this a temporary tack room until the new roof is on the bank barn and we can move into the space we had designated as the tack room.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.