Monday 1 October 2012

The Difference a Day Makes

It was a cool night...look how much the tree out front has changed colour.   It's going to be in full glory for Thanksgiving!

Finally got our answering machine hooked up tonight.  I know; who lives without modern conveniences like an answering machine for 6 weeks?!   Well, I still have a flip phone that is not text friendly and it is often found dead in my car.   I do try and remember to keep it charged for riding since it spends most of it's time in the pocket of my breeches.  Lucky for me (or maybe unlucky) it has not yet made its way through the washing machine!  I keep holding out for an iPhone, but I just hate the plans they have when I never use my phone.  A $100 pay as you go card lasts me longer than 1 year.   Anyone know of any good plans for low phone users and lower data users for an iPhone?   It frustrates DH to no end that I never have my phone turned on but I always have my iPod out and connected to WiFi when it's available.    

I hacked out tonight through the woods.   What a lovely evening to get outside.   I made my way down the trail towards Indiana Rd tonight.   It was our first ride in that direction and the trail is pretty good.   Lots of trees down but I was able to get about half way to Indiana Rd before I popped out into a clearing to figure out how far I had travelled.   I love this time when all the trails are new and you have times when you are lost but just know the general area that you are in.   I had no idea where I was going to come out but was pleasantly surprised when I came out behind the old Marty McSorley farm.  (The hockey player from Gretzky's day)  I will venture out further on the weekend if the weather cooperates.   I knew I had to be back before dark tonight.   Even with the full moon I don't want to get lost at night during bow hunting season!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.