Sunday 14 October 2012

Shelter Progress and Doggy Update

Saturday morning we had a heavy first frost.   Good thing the girls had their blankets on for the first night too!  It was -3C when I did morning feed.


Here they are waiting for morning feed.


This is the only existing flower garden on the property...the center of the circle turn around in the back drive.   I think the petunia's may have seen their last sunrise.

This weekend was set aside for more work on the shelter.  This is how we started off after Chris worked on the roof rafters on Friday.

This is the first attempt at building a shelter.   We are not using a set of plans for the construction.   Basically, I know what I want it to look like and I know how I want it to function.   DH is the construction side of the process.   He puts my thoughts into real life structure.   So once this one is completed the other 5 will be easier to build as we will have all the kinks worked out on this one!
Here is what we ended the weekend like.
It was too windy to do the roof today and we worked through the rain on Saturday to get the roof rafters complete and the back wall up.   I got the job of cutting the lumber as he nailed it all into position.   I could see he was afraid to let me use his power tools.   I was't sure if it was because the pink power combo with power tools or if he was actually afraid I was going to sever a finger in the radial cross cut saw!   I only cut one board wrong all weekend...so I think that's pretty good and we were able to salvage it and use it anyway.   By the end of the weekend...we got the walls all up and now we can work on the roof, the kick boards and the manger.

Corona Update...
Corona went to the vet on Saturday morning...she is sick.   The vet is not sure what's wrong with her.   She had blood work done and we will know the results on Monday.   She came home on Saturday and was perked up somewhat.   I thought she was turning the corner, however my hope was false as Sunday was not a great day.   As of right now she doesn't want to eat.   We have tried 4 different types of food and food combos now.   The last one is the only one she is even remotely interested in; ground beef and rice.   If it smells like dog food she just turns her nose up at it.   This is VERY strange because Corona is the dog that will eat anything!!

Here's Corona on Sunday out for a few hours of fresh air with her Daddy.
   

Vermin Update...
I think I may be ahead of them now!!  Yeah Me!  I checked all the bait boxes and they all had bait still in them.  I will maintain bait in the boxes now and hope that I don't have a big influx of rodents when spring mating season hits!  :-)

Splendid Maple Update...
The maple out front his trying to hold onto her leaves.   Even with the rain and gale force winds we had this weekend she still adds a wonderful splash of colour to the front yard.


Miss Kitty has been spending alot more time in the house these days as well.   That means we don't have the early morning serenade at the bedroom window.  <Insert Happy Dance here!>  She has decided that sleeping on our bed morning, noon and night is a perfect place.  She does however like to have a break from napping now and again and look out the window in the kitchen.


Visitor Update...
We had a lovely drop in from a co-worker and his parents this weekend.  Rob and his mom and dad stopped in with apples for the horses!   Ursela and Gord golf at the course in Cayuga and they used to enjoy seeing the horses across the road when they were on the course, since the old house was across from the golf course.    Rob has a small plane and he has given us fly overs since we moved in...I have seen him once myself as he came down low and I waved from the clothes line.   I can't wait for him to take me up for my very own fly over!  :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.