Wednesday 3 October 2012

Beautiful Fall Evenings

This week we have been treated to some wonderful warm fall evenings.
I took advantage of the night to ride and do some small things outside before it got dark.  Not sure if anyone else has noticed this as much as I have but it gets dark early.  By 7:30 PM it's pretty black out.   I always dread the time change, but I am happy that it's been moved back into Nov.   For now tho I am going to make the most of the nights in Oct while I can still ride outside!

Even Corona thought it was a beautiful evening tonight to be outside!


Mouse Update....
Vermin count must be decreasing!  Yeah Me!   2 of the 5 bait boxes were empty, 2 were partially empty and 1 was untouched.   That is so terrific as it means I must actually be getting ahead of the critters.   The good news is the untouched bait box is the one in the house basement.   After the volume of rodents in the barns I thought I better at least ensure that the house doesn't have any.   We have not heard any or seen any evidence but when it comes to a mouse in the house, I would prefer to be on the safe side.   Nothing like having to rewash everything in your cupboards day after day when you find evidence each day.  Just gross!

The tree out front is getting more and more beautiful.
The pictures are not doing it justice as I am taking the pictures in the evening and I am shooting into the sun.   It's still dark in the morning when I leave for work so I will for sure take one this weekend when I am home in the morning sun.

Last night I was fortunate enough to go to a lecture being given by textile artist Kaffe Fassett  from the UK.   What a fascinating man; such a rich, vibrant passion for colour.   Very inspirational and he has given me some motivation to get my studio in order.

I made my way out to the back country tonight to check my cousin Alan's trail cam that he set up.    Here's a pic...of the wild life at the woods.   I won't post the one of me when I got flashed in the eyes trying to retrieve the memory card or the one the day before when I got caught dismounting from Izzy...catching my "best" side in clear view!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.