Monday 1 July 2013

Summer Vacation - Part 1

It has been a crazy couple of weeks on the farm!   Less maybe due to farm related work and more due to my day job that has kept me busy the past week on an extended shutdown.  
My heart has been back at the farm tho and dreaming about all the fun there.   I guess I should qualify this tho...I don't hate my day job.   I actually have a rather interesting job were I get the opportunity to work with a lot of different cross functional disciplines installing equipment and working on improvement initiatives that help my company make more money...which in turn ensure I have a job and more more money too.   Facing reality here is the fact the I need a day job to finance the love of farm and the horses that bring me joy.  :-)   So after a great deal of extra overtime last week I now find myself sitting on a dock with DH relaxing with a beverage....We are on our summer vacation!

This was my view yesterday afternoon.   The weather here has been cooler than at home with yesterday a cloudy high of 23C.   Today is cloudy again and not as warm, however I am still on the dock but with my yoga pants and long sleeve T.  I guess it all feels cooler after the scorching week we had last week in the high 30's pushing 40+C with the humidex.   No matter the weather, it's nice to get away and relax.

I found myself getting laughed at with a solid belly laugh from DH.   In turn his laughing got me to laughing and finally I said, "Why are you laughing at me?"  His response was, "I have never seen you like that!"   He was in stitches from seeing me fall asleep in the lounge chair and wake up and stretch after an hour and half of peaceful sleep in the middle of the afternoon.   He's right I don't think I have taken a nap in years in the middle of the day...just not my MO!   I guess the 50 odd pages of the book I am reading combined with the gentle lapping of the water against the dock lulled me into a sleepy trance!  

I must add in here that we are lucky enough to be able to take these stints away from the farm because I have wonderful family that stays and takes on the farm duties while we are away!   My mom and my nieces are again staying at the farm while we are here for our 8th year at Barry's Bay.   We actually started coming here together in 2003 and have only missed 2 summers here.   We rent the same place every time and love the peacefulness and lake view.

On last call back home it sounds like they have all been busy doing spruce ups and chores.   I can't wait to be surprised by the transformations they have talked about!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.