Friday 5 July 2013

Summer Vacation - Part 2

It's been a pretty hard week up here!   LOL
This is what my days consisted of...relaxing, napping, reading, running and eating...not necessarily in that order.   Oh ya and useless surfing of the internet too!

The cottage here is in a lovely spot.  Lots of mature trees, lake front and within 2.5K to downtown Barry's Bay.
Here is the front...facing the lake.

Here is the road view.

This is the path to the dock from half way down.

And is the view from the dock.

I spent a considerable amount of time here...

And in this position...

Lots of wild life to keep us entertained too.
I fed the ducks everyday when they visited.

Me, Feeding the ducks!  :-)


We even had a visit from a raccoon late one night on the deck.  We had left peanuts out for the chipmunks but the raccoon decided he was hungrier!

DH had lots of R&R too and he even caught a small rock bass off the dock.

And what would holidays be if we didn't eat too much! 
Surf and Turf night.

Hangover Burger night.

I successfully killed this pile of literature...

I did get a chance to run everyday tho...if that's any consolation for the way I ate!  It's been awhile since I have had that luxury.   I have missed my running buddy Lynn at the office a lot.   I did tried out some new barefoot shoes...my feet need a bit of time to adjust but can't wait to give them a try on the trail at home.  I started my week and ended my week with 11+K runs.   All the days in between had no less than 6K.   Its not great distances and not great times but I feel good about moving at least a little bit.
Here are my 3 shoe choices...my old faithful runners, barefoot shoes and barefoot toe shoes.   I am still run/walking in the barefoot shoes and have yet to run in the toe shoes.   I have been wearing them around the cottage all week and they are surprising comfortable.

Tonight is our last night and we return to the farm where I know my Mom has been tending to the horses and Molly with expert care.   I am ready to go home and get back to the projects that I have been away from and put a leg over Izzy after a week away.   I hope the rest for her has revitalized her sense of willingness to work and she is refreshed with new enthusiasm; just as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.