Sunday 16 June 2013

Painting the House

First off, I want to say a huge thank you to the followers and friends that have commented, emailed or spoke to me in person about how much they are seeing a transformation in the farm.   Thank you for your encouraging feedback.   We love it here...and knowing that it shows in our efforts, our smiles and our ambition is a huge support network that I feel truly blessed to have.   Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

It's been a busy 2 weeks here at the farm.
Our back 40 is now planted in soya beans that have started to sprout.   The roof is on and looks fabulous.   The new facia, eaves troughs and gable vents are up and changing them all to white has updated the look of the house.   The entire second floor (3 rooms and the bathroom) with the exception of the office / junk storage room have all been painted...INCLUDING the huge hallways that start in the kitchen downstairs.   The gym has been painted, the mudroom now has 2 new doors as well as new insulation and new drywall.   Still need to paint the mudroom but DH put the primer on so it's on it's way to finished as well.

I now have a new BIGGER studio which was formerly our guest room.   The guest room is now the small 3rd bedroom in the house which is fine as a guest room since it has a queen bed and a side table.   Not much more room than that and I doubt the guests we entertain would complain.   :-)

This is the new colour for the studio at the beginning.

And here it is with paint on.   I will post pics later on when I actually have the studio put back together!
PS - Don't look at the hideous light...that was there when we moved in and it hasn't been changed yet!

The new guest room...sorry about the TV...That's actually destined to my studio.  AND time for a new quilt!  :-)

I have to send a big shout out to my mom for spending the weekend and working her butt of with us to get this done.    We would never have got so much accomplished without her help.   Painting has been on the to do list for awhile but had really never made it to the top of the list.   We are approaching one year here on the farm and the house hasn't really been much of a priority so getting this cleaned up and looking smart will make the day to day life inside that much more enjoyable.    Now we can start the process of decorating!   O how I love (insert sarcasm font here) decorating!!   Seeing what I like in magazines is really easy and fun.   Seeing what I want at a store and buying it to pull it all together at my own house...not so much fun!    

Here is my mom painting the hall upstairs.

My mom took this picture of me cutting in the top edge of the 17' wall that goes from the kitchen to the top of the stairs on the second floor.   She thought she had better have proof when she submitted my death notice for the Darwin Awards!   Don't try this at home folks!
PS - DH was thinking I looked like a thing of beauty wearing shorts and my wool socks!   I always remind him in moments like that He asked ME to marry him!

Here are a few shots of the mud room as it underwent it's transformation.   You may remember this post when Dora made her mark.   Molly then helped here to leave a bit more mess by chewing the drywall.   We still have to finish the colour and trim...will post more pics when that's finished.



From an equestrian perspective, this weekend was dry.   No riding at all.  :-(   The horses however didn't seem to mind in the least!   All 3 (Izzy included) are covered in mud from this mornings rain and are happy, fat and relaxed.   It's still a beautiful site to see them eating grass or dozing in the sunshine.

This is a shot from this week at morning chores.    Morning chores are my favourite...its a wonderful time of day and now that the sun is actually up when I do chores in the morning it makes it that much more wonderful.   The sun was just cresting the tree line when I went out.  5 happy horses waiting for breakfast!

 Last but not least, we must have a brief posting of Molly!   This shot is from outside our kitchen bay window looking into the house.   We have a small table that is a heirloom handed down to me from my Grandmother.   Miss Kitty has taken to sitting up in this window sill to watch the birds and chipmunks in the yard.   Well...Molly has learned everything she knows from the cat...and thought it a splendid place to sit and keep an eye on us as we surveyed the work from the roofing contractor!    What a little stinker!
Please excuse the peeling pain on the windows...that's another painting project on the list before winter this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.