Thursday 17 January 2013

Time Will Not Stand Still

I don't know about you but time is going by at a blistering place these days.   So much has transpired since my last blog post.

Saturday night DH and thought we would have a date night.   We thought we would go catch a movie since it's been many months since we have gone to a movie.   By the time we get a few free hours, we are so tired that I would just fall asleep.   Anyone who knows me knows I watch very little TV.   Watching a movie in our living room and not falling asleep is such an amazing feat that DH actually tells me he's proud of me if I stay awake!
Well, I knew we were getting carried away thinking we would catch a movie because when I did night chores Izzy was "off".   She had loads of hay in her tail and when I dumped her oats in her bin she backed up and looked all for lorn at me.   Then she kicked at her stomach and I knew at that moment that she was colic-y.   So date night consisted of 3 hours of hand walking Izzy, two times on and off the trailer to help get things moving with an anxiety poop and a gram of bute to help her with the pain the gas was giving her.   Saturday turned out to be +15º so I think the rapid change in temperature upset her system.   She was totally fine the next morning and has shown no repeat signs since.
So, date night with DH was spent in the arena spotting each other off from 3 hours of hand walking!   Is that true love or what!?

DH and I got all of our Christmas lights and outdoor decor taken down and put away for another year.   All the lovely greenery that my mom put together has been taken down.   All the beautiful wreaths are gone and all that remains is the greenery in the urns and pots.   The driveway pots would have been naked if the greenery was removed from them.

The pump room has the plywood up on the interior walls now.   DH has to re-route the water line form the pump now in order to have the water tank moved in to the newly created pump room.   Maybe this weekend!   We have our 2 heaters running for the time being and will keep the 2 small areas warm enough to keep the water from freezing while we enter into the second deep freeze of the winter.

I had planned to have my first riding lesson since moving to the farm on Sunday, but it turned out Joe was a bit under the weather since he had an accident on his way home from Brantford on Thursday.   Sadly, the result of the accident meant that my coach of 15+ years is no longer driving.   In typical Joe fashion when I spoke to him early this week, he is taking this change in stride.  I hope to plan a clinic (with Lynda's help!) at some point in the next month or so to bring him down for the weekend for teaching and a tour of the farm.  

Molly is growing like a little weed.   She has been entertained this week by her "Aunt" Terrie's dog Tink.  The 2 of them tear around the arena like they own the place.   Molly has been training wonderfully.   The house accidents have been almost nil...one little pee this week but that was after 9 hours at home alone...so I am cutting her some slack!  She even knows to stay out of the arena when we are riding...and if she comes in Izzy has no trouble turning and chasing her out!

DH says that he wants a day off!   What's with that!   I have no idea what a down day is other than a down day at the steel mill where I work which translates into a very long workday for me if I have equipment going in.   He's a funny man; ain't he!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.