Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all my family, friends and blog readers.
Wow!   Where did 2012 go?!
I can't believe that we have been on the farm for 4 months already.   This place feels so much like home already.   It feels so right being here; like I have known this place in a former time.   I have moved to houses before were things take a bit of time to "settle in" and start a routine.   I'm not sure if this place has a different feel from all the others because of the flurry of activity that ensued at closing or if it's because it was truly the right place and fate intervened.   Either way the purchase of this farm is for sure the highlight of 2012 for me.    I don't think that awe and wonder of having this place as our own little slice of heaven will ever go away.   (I know some of you are reading this thinking I have totally lost my mind!)   Well don't get me wrong...for all of you have that have told us how much work this place is or wow do you ever get off the farm for the work or have asked if we are sick of the endless amount of work.    Thank you all for your concern but really the work is a labour of love.   NO it's not all rainbows and kittens...cleaning up the old owners crap and some of the work has been frustrating, hot and irritating; but overall...I wouldn't change it.   I am so grateful for all of it.   It's given me back the imagination of possibilities and that's something that settles into ones heart and makes even those mundane tasks have deeper meaning.    I hope all of you have found something that makes your heart grow in 2012 and that will carry you into the future.

We rang in the new year with our neighbours from the old house.   Thank you Rob and Tracy for the laughs and fun.   It's always good to get together with you guys and I am sure that 2013 is going to be a great year for your family as well.   For some unknown reason it has become a tradition with DH and I to have Chinese food on New Year's eve.   We ordered this year from our favourite Chinese restaurant in our area.   Yin's in Waterford.   If you have never been there you have to check them out.

The first day of 2013 was welcomed in with sunshine.   The temps were a bit colder than we have seen so far this winter.   But the sunshine made my day.   I decided it was a perfect day for outdoor riding since there was a good snow cover over the outdoor ring and the glorious sun had arrived after several days of cloud.   Izzy was a superstar.   I can't be more pleased with her progress.   She's really starting to become a horse and I can see her proportions filling out into a lovely lady from the leggy pencil necked kid that she was.






On Dec 28th Terrie and I went for the first moonlight ride on the farm.  What a magical evening!   Thank you for sharing that experience with me...it's one for the memory book.

Here we are as captured by the trail cam.

Then look who was out checking out our tracks 44 minutes later!


The birds here are providing a great deal of entertainment.    Not only are the Jays a bunch of squawking fools at the peanut wreath but the cute little blue birds flit in and quickly out with their lovely orange breasts and metallic blue backs and the wood peckers have really started to enjoy the new suet blocks.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.