Tuesday 4 December 2012

Odd Jobs, Molly and Machine Cleaning

The rain ended the trenching of the hydro on Sunday and now it's back to work and dark out when we get home.   Hoping for a dry weekend then we will have new juice soon!   It really does figure that we had a historically dry summer and now we get the rain.   I guess unless you are a farmer duck you never really want rain!

DH and my Dad did get some other odd jobs done despite the rain.
Here is a before and after of the silly fence up the front entrance to the stable.   I say silly because the large 6x6 posts at the entrance were placed so close that a truck wouldn't even fit through then to get to the front door.
BEFORE

AFTER


DH also got a good start on the framing of the pump room.  The water distribution area was in one area and the water line in from the well and pump in another about 20' feet apart.   Not sure why but that just makes for 2 areas that need to be heated and kept from freezing.   We will move the lines and the tank to one area and make a small heated room.   I had a heated water cabinet at the old house...I loved leaving my winter gloves on the top of the water heater!  Nothing like toasty warm gloves...kinda like right out of the dryer!

I spent my Sunday late afternoon organizing the Wash Stall.   I still need some Feng Shui from my friend Lynda.    She's the ultimate tack stall organizer at the horse shows!


Molly is growing like a bad weed.   Here she is on her the cats bed in the barn.  Remember the first time you seen her on the cats bed back on Nov 18th?   I think she has grown for sure!

She has put on weight since last weeks vet appointment and she looks more solid than she did a week ago.   I think she grows up and then out.  She is full of beans too.   I say she is a cross between a shark and beaver right now.   Bites everything and if she can't bite it and make it squeak or squeal, she chews it and tries to destroy it.   But I can't think of much stuff better than puppy love!   She's just so full of love!    I pick her up and give her a big puppy squish.  I've got to get all the puppy squishing in now before she gets too big to pick up!
Molly had a fun play in the arena this week with Tink!  Molly had no idea what Tink was chasing but chasing Tink was the best fun in the world!   The only trouble with playing in the arena, she stinks like arena sand, so puppy squishing doesn't have that some puppy breath smell.  I kinda preferred puppy breath over arena sand!
In addition to meeting a new dog friend Molly officially has extended family.    She has her Aunt and Uncle; Tracy and Rob and her other Aunt Terrie.   Darlene has declared herself Molly's Fairy "Dog" Mother.   Thanks all, for loving her as much as we do!  :-)

I forgot to add in the weekend post that my Mom also refinished this antique table that has been passed down in the family.   She sanded and restrained the top.   The legs were already black and coordinate well with some of the other dark furniture we have.  Doesn't it look great?   She even brought the poinsettia for the top too!   Love it!


This next bit is for my friends Pat and Karen whom I know are following my blog.   I have been procrastinating getting my studio organized.   It just seems low in priority but I am realizing that my mental health requires it to be put in order.   So I spent Sunday night clearing all the junk stuff off the top of my sewing table.   My machine has been trapped in the well since we all met for retreat in early Nov.   Yes you heard it right...I haven't taken a stitch since we were away together!   Eek!
After clearing off the top and plugging in my machine, because I needed to know that the light still worked even if it wasn't going to get any use.   Then the big brain wave hit me that I should start in this studio with a fresh, clean machine.   So I set out to find the right angle screwdriver that you get with your machine to taking the top plate off to clean out the lint.   All went well until the second brain wave hit that maybe I should take the bottom of my machine off and see if I can get any of that lint out of there that I always blow into the bottom when I clean the bobbin case.  Two screws later I had the bottom off for the very first time!   Low and behold I had dust bunnies big enough to name!    Aren't you 2 proud of me...now if only I could find a way to make the darning foot stop squeaking!

Before Cleaning


After Cleaning




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.