Sunday 8 March 2015

Winter Full Moon BBQ, Beautiful Winter Outside and Dust Control Inside

The full moon on the farm has a significance for moon light rides, howling coyotes and in general the true beauty of the night with moon shadows casting onto the snow.
This full moon DH and I decided to have a wiener roast.


The deer have been abundant again this winter.   Enjoying the bean field and also the neighbours alfalfa field next door.   This big one made an appearance at chore time last night just as the large flakes of heavy snow started to fall.   What a feeling to be able to walk into its presence and not have it dart away in fear.   (Mind you, I left the 2 mutts locked up in the barn!)


The weather has seriously broke from the nauseating cold that we have been enduring in this record breaking February.   I made my way through the woods and even got lost for about 10 minutes as the trail was heavy with snow and since it's not well marked…all the trees look the same in the winter!  LOL
The snow is still deep and heavy and even after 45 minutes of mostly walking Izzy was hot and wet with sweat.

But really; on a beautiful day like today with the big sky…why wouldn't you want to get lost in the woods!

The deer have made highways throughout the woods.  Here a well worn path from the edge of one bush line that links directly to the ravine bush that is beside the farm.

Dust control for the season has been laid in the indoor.   After 2 years of maintenance I believe I am now down to one treatment per winter season with about half as much MAG as the first treatment 2 years ago.   It's hard to tell tho as my arena gets light use…mostly just me.  :-)   No need for cross fit today, I raked the arena track by hand to ensure that there was no build up along the walls before DH harrowed and then I laid the MAG.   Arena is out of commission now for at least 24 hours until the MAG dissolves and moistens the sand.


My 2 fur kids were not happy about being abolished from arena play!

And to end this post…I am hoping a last look at the snow covered fields of HP Haven for this winter.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.