Sunday 29 March 2015

Around The Bay and Wanda Update

First thing, a very happy birthday to my mom today!   You're the best mom ever and I am so lucky to have been raised by such a strong and creative woman.   You have shown me how to be a leader, to work hard for what I am passionate about and to be authentic even when it's not always popular. Love you mom…to many more birthdays!  xo

Around The Bay
Had the pleasure of running in the 30K Around The Bay Relay with 2 of my co-workers; Norm and Lew.   PCR Team Maintenance killed the relay!  Placing 87th from 251 relay teams and then 8th from 35 Mixed Masters teams.   Really happy with the results.   Not so happy with my knee at the moment, as I had a chance meeting with a Hamilton road pothole between the 23 and 24K marks.  :-(  
I just love this race!    There is no race like it where the finish is so dramatic and energy filled.   You run down the ramp and directly into the middle of First Ontario Place (the old Copps Coliseum).  This was my first ever running race back in 2012 with my friend Lynn.   It's because of her, I am hooked on running races.  Thank you Lynn for showing me what running can do for fitness AND confidence.   I wish with all my heart that you were still my running partner and there is never once that I have crossed a finish line without you on my mind.  Love you friend.

The finish!

Team PCR Maintenance  (Norm, Me and Lew)

And…What would a blog post be without food??   Here is my post race meal of BACON poutine!  Yummy!


Wanda
Momma has grown to gigantic proportions!   I can't believe she still has 10-12 weeks to go!!   DH and I did the circumference measurement again today.   She now measures 8'10" at the biggest point of her belly.   Her skin is hard and tight and she is a happy, happy mom.   Such a wonderful attitude while she's been in foal.
Here she is after a bit of a spa treatment in the barn.  It's defiantly spring…look at all that hair!

Here she is in the arena for a roll.   No problems getting from side to side!   It's like rolling a beach ball!

Her she is with her first born…you can really see the difference between the sleek sport model vs the happy momma model!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.