Sunday 13 July 2014

Summer Vacation Fun and Farming

DH and I started a 2 week vacation a week ago.    I haven't taken 2 weeks off in a row in many many years…like...honeymoon time when we got married; when I took 3 weeks!!

It has been a busy week so far and we have a lot of things remaining on our 2 week "To Do" list that still lay ahead.  I was just in a conversation today with a friend, about how I have all these grand expectations of all the things I will get done in a day, or a week, or whatever the time frame and I just never seem to work as fast in real life as I picture myself getting things done in my head!

Wanda Update
She is seemingly fine from her colic incident.   We had her first ultrasound a week ago and she will go back for a second in another week.   So far she looks to have a speck in there….but we will wait another week to be sure.
In the mean time Melissa is enjoying her and will be starting lessons on her next week!  :-)

Dad and DH have been continuing the progress on the removal of the old round pen and moving all that clay to the pastures for the base platforms for the new shelters.
So far there has been a great deal of progress in Pasture #3.  Lumber has been delivered for the shelter and construction will be underway shortly.

In between the round pen removal there has been some progress as well on the trail through the woods. The marsh area is now passable by tractor and not just one horse power.

Here are the mutts getting a lift back to the house!

The view from the back as I walked trying to get the GPS on my phone to work.   (totally a different story…but I am lost these days without my running app on my phone working!  :-(  

Our first cut hay has started to come in for the winter supply.   We (Dad, DH and I) cleaned out the old drive shed someday shop for this years hay storage.   We will not get all the necessary hay in here but so far almost 500 bales are in.
This is how it looks now….

Mom and I took my nephew, Zef and his best friend to the CN Tower Edge Walk for his grade 8 grad present.   What a fun adventure!
Nothing like walking the full 150 m circumference of the highest building in Canada, on the outside 356 m above the ground!


One of our co-workers was filling in his pond so we got his fish!  They have been a fascinating addition to the farm.   Dear Lord I never thought I would say that about fish!!  But it has been fun to feed them and watch them cruising the waters.

Izzy…She is getting to be so grown up!   We had a small mini clinic at the farm with Diane Creech.
Izzy was fabulous and we are working at improving her basic gaits.   She needs more activity behind, more sitting, forehand lift and more collection.   It's getting better and better as she gets stronger but like everything in my life; I really want it now!  LOL 

I love this pony…

I spent my weekend with this creative and inspirational bunch of women…Friendships I am so grateful to have.   A group that I can be be myself with and be creative without any judgement or criticism.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.