Sunday 25 August 2013

Open House

The Open House!
It's hard to believe that a year has past since we moved to this beautiful old farm house on the hill on the Grand River.

Yesterday we hosted a beef BBQ and corn roast, celebrating our journey with our family and friends.   Today, I reflected back on our year here and have been overwhelmed with a feeling of gratitude for all I have been blessed with.   Good health, a dry bed, full cupboards, loving family and friends, a supporting husband and enough disposable income to feed a life long passion in horses.   Really...I have so much it's almost sinful when you really think about it.

I have so many thank you's I want to extend...please know that you all have played a role in this journey.   Whether you are in our daily lives, you are family, a neighbour, a new friend, an old friend or co-worker.   All of the interactions we have with each of you have shaped us into who we are today...thank you for helping us find our way.

FIRST and FOREMOST...A HUGE thank you to my mom for helping me prepare and serve all of the food yesterday.    Helping me clean  Cleaning the house from top to bottom so that it was fit for guests to come through.   Even tho by 5pm it was totally trashed!   Thanks Mom...love ya!
Next I need to thank two very special friends...Tracy and Lynn.   I can't say enough thanks for all that you did yesterday.   You both just stepped right in and made it all work...nobody asked; you both just offered up your hands and organizational skills.   I am actually getting a little choked up typing about the two of you.  :-)  To think I have such great people in my daily life makes me feel so humble and thankful.  Thank you ladies, you went well beyond the call of friendship...love you both.
  Here are the 3 people that made the food happen...

And to finish off the food prep portion of our thanks...Don...You are the east coast chef extraordinare!  ...And Dave for stepping in and giving you a hand for the afternoon.   We have had so many rave reviews about the beef...it was delicious!  


Of course, a big thanks to all the guests that showed their support.   Thank you all for coming and offering your encouragement, words of wisdom and the odd "You two are nuts!".    This year has been one hell of a ride no matter what way you look at it...so yes, at times we certainly have been nuts!



















And the day would not have been complete without the kids meeting the horses.   Just look at how they are looking at each other...There is magic that happens when little girls meet horses!

We have had many, many comments and requests to make this an annual event.   Only time will tell...it was so fabulous this time; I would hate to break that spell!   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.