Sunday 5 May 2013

Girls 40th Weekend

This post is not really going to have much to do with the farm.  
Other than the fact that the one half of the farm ownership (Moi!) turned 40 this past week and then spent the weekend in Collingwood with 5 of my best girl friends from grade school and high school celebrating the entry into a new decade.
Two of these amazing women I have known for 35 years of my life, one other for 33 years and then I met the 2 others in high school, so I have known them for nearly 25 years.  These kind of friendships I truly treasure because not everyone gets to experience the joy and gratitude of long lasting friends with one person but I am so fortunate to have that with 5 exceptional women.

There is something to be said about old friendships that last the test of time.   The history that we share doesn't need explaining.   My past is intertwined with theirs and knowing the details of ones life at so many levels that you have such pure trust and loyal love for one another because we have shared so much over the years.   We share our pasts both good and bad, for what they are.   No judgement of each other for what has come to pass and just support and love as we move through this life together learning as we go and becoming a group of women that will have some of the most interesting and exciting stories to tell at the nursing home we all want to get into together!!
We have been through deaths, births, marriage, divorce and all the milestones that life has sent our way since those beginning days at school together.  
The conversations that we have had have brought us to tears of laughter, they have brought us to tears of hard realizations and still we share our stories with openness and compassion for one another. Knowing in our hearts that these women are in our lives for the long haul because we have chosen each other and we have made the connections with each other that are timeless.  
I am so proud to have you all as my friends and to be sharing my journey in this short time on this earth with you all.   I am also so proud to be part of your journey, giving to you all I have to offer as a friend forever.

I love you girls!   This was an experience of my life that I will never forget.   AND since you all know me as well as you do...you will also know that I am bawling my eyes out just typing this post.
Thanks for the memories and cheers to a new decade together!   It will be mucho fun!

Getting the Birthday Celebrations started.

Our Full Group!

The beautiful house we stayed at!

Zip Lining!






The Birthday Party!   How about another Birthday Cake Shooter?

Lisa - The 'Baby' of our group and our Life Coach in training!

Sheri - The one who is always smiling! 

Judy - The Voice of Reason!  Not!

Janet - The one who hates having her picture taken!

Kathy - The one who's always on time!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.