Tuesday 16 April 2013

Wanda's First Ride and Josh Has Arrived

This weekend has been a busy one!
I played with Wanda in the arena and she seemed sensible and mentally connected, so I decided it was the right day to through a leg over and see if I could keep that same connection while mounted.   She is one big girl!  It felt great!   Reminded me of Emma in the glory days.   Same sort of personality but better movement.   We never ended up getting past the walk as I let her find her balance without interfering with her to create any additional worry.   It only took about 5 minutes before her walk started to be less hurried and her neck relaxed and her head dropped.   I could feel the back start to loosen and at that moment I knew riding her is going to be a journey filled with love and learning.


Emma had a chance to give my cousins young children a first ride on a big horse!   She was of course a perfect lady and just walked quietly around the arena as if she knew she had some delicate cargo abroad.   I love this horse with all my heart...even tho she has all kinds of flaws and issues, mostly stuff created by my lack of knowledge over the years developing her but some relationships are so valuable, even with all their imperfections.  Thank you Kerry, James and Alan, as well as little Hailey and Jack for spending the day with us on Sunday!


DH was busy (as usual) spreading the sand in the outdoor.   He got half done on Sunday late in the day and then the other half he finished last night.   Of course I was itching to get home from work tonight to give it a test ride!    We had some decent rain today and the ring was wet but it rode beautifully.    Izzy was a super star and I am so blessed to have this creature teaching me how to be a better horsewoman!
In process

 First Test Ride

Josh Nichol arrived yesterday for our Spring clinic.  Yeah!  He gave a very poignant and heartfelt lecture last night to kick of our week.   There was a good turnout and I hope that some of my friends that made the drive to support the clinic enjoyed hearing Josh's philosophy.   He's a brilliant horseman that has the horses best interest at the forefront of his style and helping humans understand the language of the horse as his goal for his teaching.   I feel so fortunate to be taking part and absorbing the flow of wisdom and love that Josh passes through in everything he does.   For me he's a living example of being the change you want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.