Monday 26 December 2016

Blogging Hiatus Explained


It’s been a very long time since my last post…There have been many life events and issues that have got in the way of the blog the last 6+ weeks.   Maybe a little something more thought provoking next post...this one will be a news update.

As a short summary…

My FIL passed away On Nov 3rd.  Pop will always be remembered as the happiest man on earth.   Always a kind word, a friendly smile and encouragement for family, friend or stranger.
 

I then had a major extensive outage at work that kept me busy for 18 straight days.  The chaos was incredible to say the least but we have the best team of guys at 4CPL!    I am so fortunate to be part of such an amazing crew of guys and work with them on such major projects and for extensive hours and challenging circumstances.   They are a family to me…A fun dysfunctional one but one I would never want to trade.   At the end of that down we were all very tired and fully spent from long hours, trying meetings and ongoing schedule challenges but we are a closer bunch now for living through it together.   As the saying goes, those who experience a certain degree of suffering together create lasting friendships. 
 
The new tank installed after 18 chaotic days and some of the crew of a lifetime!
(Yes - We eat pizza A LOT...hence I need to run!)

 

My laptop was upgraded to the new OS and that has turned into a completely separate ordeal on its own.  The upgrade was supposed to include saving all my files and restoring them to the same locations after the upgrade…well that never happened!   Enough said on that topic!

Over this space of time we have had heated automatic watering installed at the farm.    It too came with some issues from contractors but they are now functional and in use.  Erla gives the single bowl a test.   Papa Bear has helped clear up the mess from the barn yard and pastures.   Still more work to do in the spring but it’s at least passable and a path to #1 is mucky clay free.

 

This beauty found her way into my heart.   The farm welcomed Tigger!   She will be staying mostly in the house for the winter and then we may let her venture outside as an indoor / outdoor cat for the spring and summer.

 
Erla had a bit of a hiatus from work during the extended outage.    But we have got back to schooling now and are having fun with the pedestal.   She got all 4 feet on this time; after some convincing!   Not able to get her 4 feet on when I am mounted yet but we are getting closer!
We have also enjoyed some late fall and early winter rides through the back 40.

Nothing new to report on Stewy…he’s still a handful!  Maybe will measure him in the next week to see if he has grown again.   He certainly is filling out and the bone in his legs is getting thicker.   Still all legs tho!

Spent the weekend with these women.  These are my life long friends from grade school.   These are friends that cannot see each other or talk to each other in months and pick up right where we left off the next time we see each other.  I am so lucky to have these wonderful childhood friends and I never for one second take how much they offer me in support and genuine love for granted.   Love you girls from the bottom of my heart.   xo 

 
Running has been on going throughout the last many weeks.   A couple of half marathons, two Santa runs, an Elf run and the Boxing Day 10 Miler.   Theresa and I have kept fit and sane because of our choice to run.   What great adventures and heartfelt conversations we have had on course…Thank you Theresa for always being there.   No one left behind! Xo

Niagara Falls Half - Brutal cold wet weather, but bettered my PR in the half marathon.

 Kit pick up day was much nicer than race day!!
 

Road to Hope Half – Beautiful weather for this one and Theresa and I stayed together to finish together.   This journey in life is about who it’s with. 

Hamilton Santa Run with North Shore Learn to Run crew – Great finishes for the LTR runners!   I bettered my time from last year in just over 24 minutes and ended up 1s in my age group! 

Burlington Santa Run – Ended up second in my age group at this one.

Santa Shuffle – Elf run with Theresa supporting the Salvation Army.   Loved this course on the Dundas section of the rail trail.

Boxing Day 10 Miler – Ran off the turkey coma and a first for me on course, Theresa and I ran past a beaver that was 3 feet from us!!!
 

Have had some great runs with friends on Saturday mornings with NSR.   Looking forward to continuing the Around the Bay training with the crew over the winter.   ...Because running with friends when it’s cold and dark sure makes it a lot more fun!

The LTR group that I was helping coach also finished up for the fall session.   The crew only lost one runner from the start.   This is a pic from Grad night 5K.   So proud of this bunch for making this commitment to themselves for better health.   Three Cheers!

Now we reach Christmas!

Mom surprised me while I was on the shutdown and decorated the entire outside of the farm.   Here are just a FEW of the beautiful arrangements that she put together throughout the farm.   Love the horse heads at the gate!    AND the added touch of joy that the pots to the entrance to the arena add.   Thank you so very much mom….they are all  beautiful and much appreciated.  Xo
 



Christmas dinner was at the farm again this year.   The family feasted on turkey…both conventional and one from the smoker!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.