Friday 26 June 2015

It's a BOY!

On June 14th the world welcomed a beautiful long legged bay colt into the world during a rain storm, into the mud!

World: Meet the handsome love of my life...Stuart.
Less than 1 hour old.

Here he is at 14 hours.

Now at 4 days.




This is my baby boy making his first brave trailer ride to get home at 11 days old.


And...drum roll please...home at last!


Stewy was a 17 day early surprise arrival!  Hence the reason he looks like a dark brown or black colt with no white legs because he was outside in the mud and pouring rain!   As you can see in the pictures he started off in this world with very lax and contracted tendons.   This big boy was folded up in utero pretty tight, so not a lot of room to flex his tendons and get them strong and ready for life on the run.   After only 12 days he's considerably stronger and his fronts have started to relax and straighten.   Still a ways to go all the way around but a huge improvement from day 1.
Due to his long, unsteady legs he missed out on a lot of the calostrum that he needed from Wanda's first milk.   Much was dripped out before he was born and when he was not able to nurse immediately.  Luckily, he was given some frozen milk that was on hand and at 3 days old his immunoglobulins had been tested several times so that we were able to assess his need for a plasma transfusion at 4 days old.    At 6 days old his immunity showed strong and out of the unsafe zone.   Five more days at the vets to get his legs strong and then we had the joyous day of bringing him home.   
I would like to thank the vets Dr Daniel Jou and Dr Claire Plante for the foaling service, top notch care and wonderful attitudes with me…the new mom.   I had lots of questions and sent many texts which were always answered and I always felt that Wanda and Stuart's best interest were at the forefront while in their care.

So much joy and gratitude to Fredi and Anita Haupt for being "horse angles" in my life and giving me this opportunity.   I will be forever in your debt for your generosity and trust that you have bestowed upon me.   I promise to do my very best to live up to your example of exemplary values in the horse sport industry.   

Paying it forward has been passed to me in so many ways.   It's a lifestyle choice that I have built into my daily life and find so much inner happiness being able to pass the gifts this life has given to me on to others…so they too can pay it forward in their own way to carry the energy of positive possibilities in an unbroken chain of acts of kindness.  

In Love
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.