Sunday 30 March 2014

Spring Sprung

Spring has finally sprung here in SW Ontario.  
I would never have believed that last night when we got over an 1" of snow that had the ground completely engulfed in white again.

You may be wondering how on earth I could be thinking Spring his here when we just had snow….but this is how…This was what came out of Wanda after one grooming this afternoon.  Plus the temps hit a balmy +10C with sunshine.   It melted all that heavy, wet, white shit snow that was covering the entire ground this morning at chores.

Last weekend DH went to an estate auction that he had seen advertised a few weeks prior.   He had shown me a gorgeous harvest table that was up for sale and thought he'd go and see if he could get it for a reasonable price.  I had low hopes when I sent him off that morning.   I had decided to stay home and ride my ponies and wait for the text message telling me he was outbid.   We had a top $$ amount like most people that go auction hunting and it figured after searching now for almost a full year for al large harvest table at antique markets, Christie's and through Kijiji that it was going to be out of budget. You can only imagine my surprise and delight when I got the text that he had got the table and it was only $50 over the budget we had set!!

This weekend we went to a chair warehouse in Mississauga looking for high backed leather chairs for the monster table.  We had tossed around the idea of 10 different wooden chairs…to have a country eclectic look but decided to go with the leather chairs since they would be more comfortable.   As it turned out the warehouse had 10 chairs in stock according to their website of a design that both DH and I liked.   When we arrived there tho and seen the chairs, they were not what we had hoped.   Of course tho they had no other styles with 10 chairs in stock.   So we went with an eclectic leather collection of chairs and we are so pleased with how it came together.

My mission this year is to try and put the house together.   I am tired of the mismatched furniture and the odds and ends style that we have from 2 amalgamated houses…over 10 years ago!  (Eek…I guess tending house has never made the top of the list before!!)   It's time to stop living like college students and start to be grown ups.   A bunch more changes to come and some new pieces are now being sought after.    This process may take a bit of time but so far I am happy with how the dining room table looks and will keep looking for the sideboard and a few other pieces for other rooms.
We have some furniture to give away and a couch for sale…if anyone is looking for a few pieces of furniture send me a message.   I need to make room for the new (old, but new to us) stuff that I have envisioned in by head?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.